Quality criteria of South Tyrolean ski schools
Clear quality criteria guarantee reliable partners on the snow
As South Tyrolean ski schools know that advancing, having fun and staying motivated on the snow is very important, they build on a high quality standard. Ten years after its introduction, the children quality seal gold, silver and bronze were revisited and updated. Gold, silver and bronze were converted into ski schools with three, four and five snow crystals.
No matter if a school got three, four or five crystals, the entry level is high and all ski, snowboard and cross-country schools have to fulfil specific criteria.
South Tyrolean ski schools wait for you and hope you enjoy surfing their website and attending a course in a South Tyrolean ski school.
All schools fulfil the following criteria:
- At least 65% of teaching staff are highly qualified skiing, snowboard or cross-country instructors, registered at the ski instructor trade association.
- Lessons can be held in Italian, German and English.
- Close to the slopes there is an office of the school that is always open when lifts work.
- All instructors wear the official dress on which you can read also the name of the school.
- There are a meeting point and a nursery slope.
- The school has a third party liability insurance.
- The school offers children courses and has a safe area as well as specific lifts for children.
- At least one instructor is specialised for children courses.
In addition to these services, a five-crystals school offers most of the following elite comforts:
- There is a larger number of specialised ski instructors for children courses.
- The school offers assistance for children younger than one and a half.
- You can find all specialisations and qualifications, from freeride to freestyle and race technique.
- There are a snow adventure park and a safety park.
- Lessons can be held in further languages such as Russian, Slowakian or Dutch.
- Customers can leave their skies in a ski depot.
- There is a shuttle service.
- Close to the nursery slope there is a toilet close..
- The ski school is open all the year through and offers several summer programmes, for example MTB or e-bike tours, guided hiking tours with specialised people, climbing gardens, wild water rafting areas, archery fields or similar infrastructures.
- Customers are given the possibility of arranging additional insurance against injuries.
- On the website of the school you can see the qualification of all ski instructors.
- There is a photo service.
- The school offers a fitness programme.
- Usually the availability of the ski instructor is granted.
- On demand the school organises a taxi service with minibuses or shuttles.